Staying Safe During Planting Season
Apr 05, 2021
"Safety is a cheap and effective insurance policy."
Although the author of this quote is unknown, the meaning behind it is not a secret. With planting season upon us, we wanted to give you a quick reminder to make safety a top priority. We all know the risks of working in the farming industry, especially during the seasonal rush, so it's important to remind yourself that safety must always come first.
Here are six quick tips to keep in mind when planting this spring planting season:
1. Drive Carefully: Be mindful as you travel with equipment on public roadways.
2. Follow the Labels: When applying agronomic products, always read the label thoroughly. Do not overlook precautionary statements.
3. Equipment Maintenance: Keep your equipment serviced on a regular basis to ensure proper working condition.
4. Fuel Maintenance: Don't forget to add fuel checks to your equipment maintenance schedule before the rush of planting begins.
5. Stay Healthy: Without an adequate amount of rest and nutrition, you will be operating at a reduced level in the field.
6. Watch for Children: Make sure children are in a safe place while you are moving pieces of equipment.
Remember, the preparations you make prior to getting in the field set the stage for the rest of the growing season.
We wish you all a safe and prosperous planting season.
Marketing Director/Producer Financing
Our mission is to be our customer's first choice for industry-leading resources and knowledge.
Read More News
We’re excited to share the news that Alan Hawkinson has transitioned roles within Full Circle Ag!
It is with great pleasure to announce that Jim Pearson has been chosen as Full Circle Ag’s 2023 Employee of the Year.